Using ListBaby for the First Time
From ListBaby Wiki
1. When logging in to ListBaby for the first time, the below page will appear where you fill in your admin info. You can access this information and edit it anytime by clicking on SETTINGS located on the main menu at the top of the page. This will allow you to edit YOUR PROFILE
2. Once you have entered your information and clicked Save Changes you will be brought to the below page where you can import or create contacts and create your sign up form.
Import Your Contacts
Have a mailing list already? OR multiple contacts you would like to import? ListBaby has made this very simple.
If you have more than just email addresses, here's the type and format the document should be prior to importing.
First, make sure that your document has the below headings - even if you just have emails you want to make sure you add the heading email:
email, first_name, last_name address, city, state, zip, country, phone, url, tags, notes
You do not need to use all of the above headings - just add headings for the info you have entered.
So your completed .txt or .csv (comma seperated file) should look something like this:
email, first_name, last_name, city
firstname.lastname@example.org, Cameron, Troney, Portland
email@example.com, Jimmy, Dole, San Francisco
firstname.lastname@example.org, Cate, Phlegmming, Detroit
email@example.com, William, Phanning, L.A.
firstname.lastname@example.org, Jimminy, Cricket, Miami
email@example.com, Ferris, Hemmingway, Chicago
firstname.lastname@example.org, Jimmy, James, Dallas
Now that you have created your document let's go through the steps to import it.
1. Click IMPORT YOUR CONTACTS from the below page to import multiple contacts. You can also import a group of contacts by clicking on IMPORT CONTACTS on the side menu or the main menu at the top of the page.
2. Click the BROWSE button and navigate to where you saved your csv document. Click IMPORT NOW.
3. The below window will appear with information about your new list.
4. Click on the green highlighted area to expand and view your new contacts OR the link in the left column of the page will take you to your Contacts page.
If we were to import the csv document for the above sample list, your next window would look like the below:
5. If all of the contacts you just imported were fans, you could click the radio button at the top, which selects ALL your contacts, and then add a tag such as "fan" to all the contacts : ) To read more about Tags check out our Tags Tutorial.
If you have any problems or questions, please send us off an email at email@example.com or give us a call 1-888-448-6369. We'd be happy to take care of this for you.
Add One Contact At A Time
Import your existing list, or start fresh and use our easy built-in subscribe form to collect new addresses for ListBaby, our HTML Email List Manager!
1. To add one new user, simply click on ADD NEW under the CONTACTS Sub-menu, OR you can click on CONTACTS then the following "Add a contact" button.
2. Now just add your new contact's info.
Tags are a great tool for grouping certain contacts together. You can add as many tags to a contact as you want. When you send out an email, you have the option to send the email only to people who have a certain tag(s) attached to their contact☺ You may want to add tags such as "fans" or "press".
3. You can add your tags to the contact here or later via your contact list by clicking on CONTACTS at the top of the page, then clicking on EDIT next to a contact you want to add a tag to. Just type in the tag you want to associate with this contact. If you would like multiple tags just hit your return key each time you enter a tag name. The tags will appear above the window where you have the option to delete them by clicking on the red x.
4. If you click on "More Details" you are allowed to enter in more contact information if applicable (address, city, state, etc).
5. Click Add this contact to save the contact. That's it!
Create Your Sign Up Form
1. From the below window, click on Sign-up Widget located to the top right of the Listbaby interface
2. Fill out the form on the next page.
3. Click MAKE FORM and the following window will come up with your form code and you can even edit the form at the bottom of the page. If you do make changes, be sure and click MAKE FORM at the bottom of the page. From here you can copy your code and paste it on a web page or social media site.
Sign Up Instructions
Now let's guide your user with a few instructions.
1. First, Click on SETTINGS, then Click on SIGNUP INSTRUCTIONS on the left column. Fill in the blanks and click SAVE CHANGES.
1. This will be what the user will see after confirming that they actually did subscribe to your list. (an email is auto sent to them asking for confirmation) They will get an option to add more info to their contact information.
2. This message will pop up after the user confirms their subscription.
3. Let them know that they have entered an email address that is not valid.
4. Thank them for being so anxious to be a part of your mailing list but they have already signed up : )
Be sure to click on SAVE CHANGES.
Thank You Email
If you prefer, you can send new recipients a "Thank You" Email, instead of a general thank you message (from settings).
Click on Settings then Thank You Email to adjust that particular message. You need to make sure you hit the checkbox in this section labeled "Send a thank you message when a new contact confirms their membership to your list." to make use of this message!